Dr. Gerald Buckberg
Dr. Gerald Buckberg is a cardiac surgeon/researcher whose landmark research led to the introduction of blood cardioplegia—stopping the heart so it can be operated on without causing damage — which drastically improves the safety of open-heart surgery. Many of his procedures are used by 85% of surgeons in the US and nearly that many worldwide -- but more recent breakthroughs that he and his team developed are being ignored by the medical establishment. The resistance to new approaches means that proven treatments for major cardiac illnesses exist, but are not being used!
Dr. Buckberg can provide valuable information including:
- Why 90% of patients die from sudden death, when there are procedures that could save 80% of lives
- How CPR can be done for up to 150 minutes without any brain damage (currently 15 minutes is the average)
- How to avoid damage to the heart after a heart attack, extending the patient's life and preventing heart failure
- How the heart is shaped more like a football than a basketball, and why this is so critically important to treating it
- How rigidity in the medical system is preventing these life-saving solutions from being adopted, and what patients can do to force a change that can save their own and their loved ones lives
Buckberg – now a young and energetic 82 - has waged a personal war against heart disease. He’s determined to further break down the medical barriers, inform the public directly and create a revolution in healthcare so these proven treatments will be exposed and implemented and millions of lives will be saved.
His book SOLVING THE MYSTERIES OF HEART DISEASE was released in June 2018.