Lucid Planet Radio with Dr. Kelly: Psychedelic Science 2017: A Conversation with MAPS Executive Director, Rick Doblin PhD
02/13/2017 10:00 am PDT
Rick Doblin is the founder and Executive Director of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS), a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to developing psychedelics and marijuana into prescription medicines. Currently MAPS is preparing for FDA-approved Phase 3 Clinical Trials examining the safety and efficacy of MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), these are the final round of studies before requesting approval as a FDA-approved treatment, which is anticipated for 2021.
In today's show, we hope discuss a wide range of topics in the field of psychedelic medicine, including:
- Therapeutic applications of psychedelics & marijuana
- Creative, spiritual and personal growth potential of psychedelics & marijuana
- Regulatory challenges of studying schedule 1 substances
- Tiimeline for MDMA-assisted psychotherapy approval as a prescription treatment
- Psychedelic harm reduction and moving toward a post-prohibition world
- The Psychedelic Science 2017 conference, a six-day international gathering featuring three days of conference programming, three full days of workshops, the top experts in the field, and so much more.
Dr. Kelly Neff
New Time Starts July 5th! Every First Wednesday at 10 am pt / 1pm et. Let's Get LUCID! Lucid Planet Radio will empower you to transform your lives and re-shape your wor...Find out more »
Rick Doblin PhD
Rick Doblin, Ph.D., is the founder and executive director of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS). He received his doctorate in Public Policy fro...Find out more »